Here is a dish for the serious meat eater.
Skirt steak is a thin cut of beef that marinades and cooks fast. Teriyaki sauce is flavorful enough to marinade the steak overnight, then pour it over a minute right before removing from the skillet.
In this recipe, the side dish is fried green plantain discs ("tostones" in Spanish) for a perfect combination of sweet - salty flavor and texture. For edible, healthy garnish, I chopped fresh cilantro and tossed it on top.
- Skirt Steak (10 ounces) Ready to cook, thawed and excess fat removed
- Teriyaki Sauce (2-4 ounces)
- Tostones (3) (frozen) or 1/2 a green plantain (peeled and cut up in 1
- Cilantro (3-4 sprigs, chopped)
- 1Place the steak into a sealed container or bag. Add the teriyaki sauce to cover. Put in the refrigerator overnight.
- 2Heat up a non-stick skillet. Place the steak and sear for about a minute on each side. Place a lid or weight on the steak. Turn heat to medium. Let each side cook to desired term (*I recommend well done) Right before taking out of the skillet, pour the teriyaki marinade. Let stand briefly, then serve and pour over the cooked steak.