Sweet plantain and onion gives a sweet, mildly spicy flavor to this recipe. This omelet is not quite an omelet as the eggs are beaten thick, no water added.
You can find ripe plantain in the ethnic, frozen section at your local supermarket, but of course, fresh plantain is the ideal ingredient.
- 2 organic eggs, beaten (add salt to taste)
- 1 ripe plantain (cut in 1" cubes)
- 1/4 yellow onion, sliced
- Sprigs of cilantro fro decoration
- Corn oil (2 tablespoons)
- 1Heat a non-stick skillet at medium high, add the oil
- 2Sautee the sliced onion for 1-2 minutes-avoid over cooking
- 3Add the plantain evenly, then, pour the beaten egg to cover the plantain and onion. Turn heat to medium, and cover. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.