Salmon cooks faster than brown rice, so if you want to make lunch or dinner quick, I have an idea for this recipe; cook the rice ahead of time, place it in freezer bags and store it for future use. Reheat in the microwave or in a covered pot. It only takes a few minutes to defrost.
In the photo: Wild caught salmon fillet with brown rice.
- Freshly minced garlic (1 teaspoon approximately)
- Butter or olive oil (1 or 2 tablespoon)
- Pinch of adobo seasoning
- Cooked Basmati Brown Rice (1.5 cups)
- 1 Salmon fillet (thawed)
- 1Preheat a skillet to medium heat, and add the garlic and oil or butter.
- 2Put the salmon in the garlic sauce and cover. Cook each side for 4-6 minutes. Do not over cook. Salmon gets flakey when ready.
- 3On a plate, serve the rice a and top with the oil left in the skillet.