Here's a recipe my Son, Dennis loves. He used to eat this dish at my grandma's house when he was a boy.
The combination of cumin, onion, and garlic give the pork chops a magical, spicy-sweet flavor that is hard to forget.
Optional: Serve with white rice, ripe plantain (amarillos), green salad, or boiled yucca(cassava)
- 3 organic center cut pork chops
- A dash of cumin, fresh garlic, sea salt, adobo
- 1 ounce of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1In a skillet, place the chops, seasonings, lemon juice, and water. Mix seasonings with the water. Cover with the onion slices.
- 2Cook covered in low heat for 1 hour or until the meat is soft.
- 3Uncover, and turn heat to high. Add the oil, and watch it fry to golden color for about 5 minutes.