Garlic shrimp and boiled,
mashed, green plantains
make the perfect couple!
In the photo: cocktail sauce, cilantro, and lime for edible decoration
- 1 lb 26-30 Cooked, Jumbo shrimp peeled and devined; tail on
- 3 tbs butter and 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green plantain, peeled and cubed
- Salt to taste (for the plantain)
- 1 Lime
- Bacon Bits
- 1In a 2 qt. pot boil the plantain cubes, add salt. Then, in another pot, place the shrimp, and cover with water. Then add butter, and 3 cloves of garlic. Set both pots to boil for 15-20 minutes
- 2Take out the plantain and mash with 2 cloves of garlic, olive oil, and bacon bits. Scoop out and set in the center of the serving plates.
- 3Let the water boil until it evaporates leaving only the shrimp, butter, and garlic.
- 4Last, serve the garlic shrimp around the plantain as seen in the photo. Add cilantro leaves, lime rinds, and sauce if desired.