Denise is my daughter, and she loves this dish so I'm adding it to my blog for her.
This is my Grandma's country style spaghetti recipe. She used to make it with canned corned beef. Everything in it is cooked fresh. That's the secret, simplicity and fresh herbs !
- 6 ounces favorite spaghetti pasta
- 1/4 medium size onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 ounces of tomato sauce or 3 of paste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (for the spaghetti water)
- sea salt (for the spaghetti water)
- Water (filtered or purified)
- 6 Frankfurters (hot dogs or sausages)
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 1In a deep pot, boil 2 liters of water. Add the salt and olive oil. Once the water boils, add the spaghetti, stir, then let cook "al dente" (follow directions in the pasta package)
- 2Meanwhile, in a skillet, stir fry the hot dog or corned beef with the garlic, onion, cilantro,and tomato sauce. If desired, add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- 3Cook in medium high, stirring for about 10 minutes. Avoid overcooking.
- 4Last, drain the pasta, rinse in tap water, and drain again. Then, put it back in the deep pot on low heat. Finally, add the meat with seasonings letting it sauté for a couple of minutes to allow all the ingredients to blend.